Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 7 - Rescue & Restore Children's Shelter Party





Friday afternoon we drove back to Rescue & Restore Childrens' Shelter for a special meal with the kids. We played, shared a meal, danced and heard some of the stories of their lives. The thing that has so profoundly impacted me this time is the tangible change in the kids' lives. Where once they were rough, tense, troubled, now they are soft, relaxed and at peace with God and themselves. I look back to the first trip to India with Streams of Mercy almost four years ago and I see the way these childrens' lives are being transformed. It's a privilege to be able to see that change with my own eyes.

The little boy in the first picture is named Santosh*. I first met him when he was one and a half. His parents are both deaf and dumb and live on the streets of this city. When he first came to R&R shelter he couldn't speak. Now at age 3 1/2 he is an energetic & loving boy. He sat on my lap and just relaxed in my arms, content to be loved.

Here are some photos from our time.

Don't miss tomorrow's post for a report on our time at PACT AIDS Childrens' Home!

*Name Changed

No comments:

Post a Comment