Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Delhi, House of Peace







Monday we drove several hours through dusty Delhi to get to the House of Peace. What a great family style childrens' home! We spent the afternoon doing a craft project with the kids, playing duck duck goose & simon says.

These kids come from lots of different backgrounds, including abusive situations, but they are now safe in a loving family.

Together we read Psalms 116:16-17 which says "O LORD, truly I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant; you have freed me from my chains. I will sacrifice a thank-offering to you and call on the name of the LORD." Then we had them take a few minutes to write something they are thankful for & a prayer to God. What simple, beautiful notes they wrote. Then we put them together like a chain and hung it up as a decoration in their living room.

The directors of this home do a super job transitioning these kids into adulthood! One girl who has been with them for 10 years is now in Bible college & about to start her second year. I met this young lady 3 years ago when I first visited House of Peace. Terrific to see how well she is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment